IT Alignment Workshops
Start building strategic planning capabilities to increase value from IT investments
IT Alignment is a capability of strategic IT planning so that IT investments enable and support the business strategy. The superior objective is to increase value from IT investments and therefore financial performance and competitive advantage of the enterprise.
The IT Alignment Framework is a lean and effective guide for strategic IT planning. It describes processes, roles, and techniques for straightforward application in practice. The goal is to achieve consistency between business and IT strategies, i.e. IT Alignment.
The IT Alignment Workshop initiates the development of the IT Alignment capability within your enterprise.
It will be worked out how the processes and techniques of the IT Alignment Framework can be applied to your organization. The existing business strategy and the current planning processes are taken into consideration to build an IT Alignment capability. A specific action plan with measurable gates will be outlined.
The IT Alignment Workshop is subdivided into three stages:
Stage 1 - Preparation / as-is-analysis (online sessions with IT executives)
- Clarify customer expectations and chances
- Analyze customer's business models and the strategic context
- Analyze current processes, roles, and tools for making IT investment decisions
- Identify key problems/challenges
- Gain an understanding of the IT Alignment Framework
- Prepare the process workshop (stage 2)
Stage 2 - Process workshop (group work on site with stakeholders involved in strategic IT planning)
- Reflect the as-is processes for making IT investment decisions
- Analyze strengths and weaknesses of as-is processes
- Draft the to-be processes for strategic IT planning including roles and artifacts
- Develop an action list to achieve the to-be processes for IT Alignment
Stage 3 - Post processing (online session with IT executives)
- Review the workshop outcomes
- Refine the to-be processes and roles for IT Alignment
- Create and agree the implementation plan
As an optional service, the implementation of the customized IT Alignment Framework can be accompanied by a consultant.